AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS, and IRVINE, CA, May 29, 2012 – Agendia, an innovative molecular cancer diagnostics company and leader in personalized medicine, announced today that it will present nine posters on genomic research studies in breast and colon cancer at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The meeting will be held from June 1-5, 2012, at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL.
Currently on the market in the U.S. and Europe, Agendia’s Symphony™ suite of molecular diagnostic breast cancer tests enables physicians to determine whether a given breast cancer patient is likely to benefit from hormonal therapy, chemotherapy and targeted therapies, thereby providing benefits over existing treatment approaches for patients, physicians and payers.
Agendia’s lead product, MammaPrint®, is the first and only diagnostic breast cancer recurrence test cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Agendia’s product development pipeline includes a further extension of its breast cancer tests as well as similar molecular diagnostic products for colon cancer.
All of the abstracts listed below can currently be found online at www.ASCO.org. Presentation details are as follows (all times are in Central Time).
Friday, June 1, 2012
1. Poster Presentation & Discussion: Validation of a genomic classifier (ColoPrint) for predicting outcome in the T3-MSS subgroup of stage II colon cancer patients.
Saturday, June 2, 2012
2. Poster Presentation: Molecular subtyping using MammaPrint and BluePrint as an outcome predictor in 180 U.S. breast cancer (BC) patients.
Monday, June 4, 2012
3. Poster Presentation & Discussion: Comparison of molecular (BluePrint+MammaPrint) and pathological subtypes for breast cancer among the first 800 patients from the EORTC 10041/BIG 3-04 (MINDACT) trial.
4. Poster Presentation: Response and long-term outcomes after neoadjuvant chemotherapy Pooled dataset of patients stratified by molecular subtyping by MammaPrint and BluePrint.
5. Poster Presentation: Central review of discordant samples for microarray based on ER, PR, and HER2 and local IHC/FISH assessment worldwide from 827 patients.
6. Poster Presentation: High concordance for MammaPrint 70 genes by RNA next generation sequencing.
7. Poster Presentation: Correlation between miRNA (miR) and gene expression profiles (GEP) and response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NCT) in patients with locally advanced and inflammatory breast cancer (BC).
8. Poster Presentation: The PARSC trial, a prospective study for the assessment of recurrence risk in stage II colon cancer patients using ColoPrint.
9. Abstract Publication: Gene expression panel (TheraPrint) analyzed as predictors of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NCT) in patients (pts) with stage II-III and inflammatory breast cancer (BC).
Agendia is a leading molecular diagnostic company that develops and markets genomic-based diagnostic products, which help support physicians with their complex treatment decisions. Agendia’s breast cancer Symphony™ suite was developed using unbiased gene selection, analyzing the complete human genome, ensuring 100% definitive results for cancer patients. Symphony includes MammaPrint, the first and only FDA-cleared IVDMIA breast cancer recurrence assay, as well as BluePrint, a molecular subtyping assay, TargetPrint®, an ER/PR/HER2 expression assay, and TheraPrint®, an alternative therapy selection assay. Together, these tests help physicians determine a patient’s individual risk for metastasis, which patients will benefit from chemo, hormonal, or combination therapy, and which patients do not require these treatments and can instead be treated with other less arduous and less costly methods.
In addition to the Symphony suite of tests, Agendia has a rich pipeline of genomic products in development. The company collaborates with pharmaceutical companies, leading cancer centers and academic groups to develop companion diagnostic tests in the area of oncology and is a critical partner in the ISPY-2 and MINDACT trials.
For more information, please visit www.agendia.com.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +1 646 442 2769