March 18, 2020
Agendia COVID-19 Statement
As a valued customer we wanted to reach out and assure you that we are monitoring the situation regarding the outbreak of Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) very closely; your patient’s sample and the safety of our staff is our highest priority. We are taking every measure to ensure the continued timely and high-quality handling of all patient cases; therefore, we are implementing additional precautions to ensure a healthy and productive working environment for all our staff.
To minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 we have implemented the following:
- Employees (non-essential to lab function) are working from home
- Restricting entrance to our lab of non-essential personnel
- Restricting entrance to anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms, including fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, sore throat, body aches, or chills
- Individuals who have visited a country within the last 14 days that the CDC has designated as
- Level 3 Warning or Level 2 Alert are required to remain home for a minimum of 14 days
Additionally, all employees have been asked to adhere to the following preventative practices:
- Cover coughs, sneezing into elbows or into a tissue, then disposing of tissue immediately
- Requiring all staff to wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with water and soap
- Frequent use of 60-90% alcohol-based hand sanitizer regularly throughout the day
- Implementing “social distancing practices” as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO); no handshaking and maintaining personal space of 6 feet.
Agendia will continue operations and processing samples in a timely manner throughout the current situation to ensure that all patient cases are completed with same high quality and excellent turnaround time you have come to expect. Should you have any questions regarding our management and actions regarding COVID-19, please contact us at (888) 321-2732.